- The Seating of the New Bak’tun in Yaxhá National Park on December 21, 2012.
- Tulane Opens An Exhibit highlighting the Extraordinary Accomplishments of the Ancient Maya
- Just had to share these: Your Maya Travel Photos — National Geographic
- So Maybe the Maya weren’t actually all that worried, after all
- Just what will happen on December 21, 2012?
Monthly Archives: January 2011
To the Maya, keeping track of time was a sacred obligation. They believed that a unique retinue of gods ruled over each day. As the sun set each evening, the god who governed that day’s events passed the burden of … Continue reading
So how did the Maya calendar work? Actually, the Maya used two different calendars. Because the weather where the Maya lived didn’t go from cold to hot like the weather in large parts of North America where the United States … Continue reading